Wednesday, February 8, 2012

training week 6 day 2 2.8.2012

Hey, guys.  Gorgeous day today, but was spent worrying over a dog that got out two days ago, got in a fight with a neighbor's froo-froo dogs, was quarantined (and is under house arrest for the next ten days), and is finally home after the gubmint decided that my house was in fact a safe enough place for me to be allowed (cough) to have a pet.

I will refrain from further comment, no matter how much it pains me.  I might still get sued over it.  No comment about that either.

I'd love to say I've been doing what needed to be done, but I haven't, thanks to the great volksrepublik of Kalifornia.

I warmed up with bands and weight.  I wanted this session badly.

Bench, touch and go, sets of 3 to RPE=9 + 95%: managed to press up 20kg more than last time I did T&Gs, so not bad.

DB Rows between each set, heavy with skinny handles

Lunges, sets of 4 to RPE=9 + 95%: Did I really get a set of RPE=9?  Probably not, but depends on how you look at it.  My glutes were in serious spasm, but my quads and hips had plenty more.  Good to have knowledge of weakness.

Incline, pinky on the ring (POTR henceforth), sets of 5 to RPE=9 + 95%: These went up fine and I added ten kilos per side to my final, but my right shoulder barked after I was done.  No pain during, though, so I won't whine any more than that.

Did a lot of sucking wind today, for some reason.  Still, I did okay and it felt good.

Have a solid night, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment