Sunday, February 27, 2011

Military press, 5 rep + smolov day 1 week 1

Gorgeous day after several days of rain. A little cool, but nothing like my in-laws in WA State, where the low last night was -10. Here it's low 60s.

Started with Results and MGPM. Did a little dynamic work and less bar work. Wore elbow sleeves and knee sleeves.

Military

155kg x 5 easy
175kg x 5 still pretty easy
185kg x 5 still pretty easy, though it was probably enough for a deload week

Squat

250kg x 4 sets of 9 reps

Easy. Still working on foot position and staying planted without bringing my knees in. Actually moved my feet in about a half an inch on each side, which helped a lot. Felt much more solid.

I supersetted chins between squat sets, usual method.

My head is going to split. Not sure why, but it is. Got a baseball practice later -- teach the unteachable what they don't want to hear. At 12, they've got it all figured out.

Tough day at the office tomorrow. Already know it. Gotta do something I don't like doing. Hope everyone else's week is good.

1 comment: