Saturday, February 12, 2011

Deadlift day, 5/3/1 rep, smolov week 3 day 2

Finally returned to the rumpus room. Gorgeous, very warm day.

Not gonna type much today after this workout. Sorry.

Started with Results and MGPM. Wore knee sleeves for the squats, loose briefs for all, leather belt for squatting and Spud DL belt for DLs.

Did some dynamic work and some bar work. Not enough of either, really, but I wanted to get on with it.

Deadlift

240kg x 5 felt heavy
280kg x 3 really tough
310kg x 1 got 2 reps

The weight on the 682# reps felt ok. Setup must have been better, and I was a lot more conscious of a bellyful of air. Really pushed the heels away and it came up pretty easily. Held it down for the second rep and decided that was it -- the second was a bitch. Think I'll stay here for the next cycle.

Squat

285kg x 5 sets of 7 reps

Felt ok. Easing down is much harder than coming up with the weight, honestly. No crashing down.

Think my head will split open. Just didn't feel much like being out there today, which likely has to do with the layoff between. I should have been pumped, but I was struggling. Glad it's done and I didn't get hurt.

Everybody send thoughts and prayers to Bob. Glad to hear the decomp is working, brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment