Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Deadlift day, 5 rep + smolov day 2 week 1

Actually trained a couple of days ago, but haven't had the chance to post.

After a packed weekend, full of lots of baseball (2 practices, 2 games, LL opening day stuff, etc.) and a balloon ride, I needed some sweat time.

Started with Results and MGPM. Did a bit of dynamic work and a fair amount of bar work to warm up. Wore loose briefs, knee sleeves, and a belt for the heavies.

DL
200kg x 5 no problem
220kg x 5
240kg x 5

Big jumps, but it was ok.

Seated SSB Good mornings
Wenning's SYTYCS video on Elite gave me ideas. Did a bunch of these with 22kg plates for sets of 20. Five sets.

Squat
265kg x 5 sets of 7 reps

Not bad. Worked on foot placement and solid stance. No pain, no trouble, weight came up easily. Still, my setup needs work.

Taking the train to LA today to make a presentation. I should view it as a day off, but all I think of is the things I am not getting done. Hope it's useful to someone.

Have a great day, folks. Thanks for the encouragement of late.

No comments:

Post a Comment