Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bench day, 5 rep + smolov day 3

Training was yesterday, actually. Just getting around to posting.

Working before work has merits and costs. I may be more likely to get it done, but I tend to get in the minimum due to time worries. I just feel like I need to get on to the office, so I do less accessory work. I also wait less time between sets, so there are ancillary benefits as well.

Started with Results and MGPM. Did a fair amount of dynamic work for the squatting, but none for the benching. Foam rolled, did some bar work to warm up and had the heater blasting. Started in a sweatshirt, too, so I had a good sweat on before long.

Used loose briefs and knee sleeves squatting. Nothing for benching.

Bench
145kg x 5
155kg x 5
160kg x 5

All easy, honestly. No strain, full ROM. Felt fine. Stayed with 5 reps rather than repping out.

Squat
Same weight as last time, 7 sets of 5 reps

Setup was fine. Only fixated on the feet one set when my soles were wet from venturing outside the rumpus room. Chalked them and moved on. Back stayed good. All in all, treating this week like a deload week, I guess.

I thought my customary long lay-off would cost me, but it didn't. Felt strong and solid. Left quad hurt during the early lifts, which is unusual, but went away later. No lasting effect.

It was a good day, and better to be calmed before heading to the office. Long day yesterday, between meetings with the County HHSA and a Board Meeting and all the drama surrounding both. Hoping for a quiet day today. Baseball game for the boy tonight, which I look forward to.

Ever hopeful. Thoughts are with you, Bob and Milda both.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, hon! Finally settling into new schedule. Hugs about the meetings. xo

    ~M~

    ReplyDelete