Thursday, March 28, 2013

training 3.28.2013

Today is my boy's birthday.  Happy 14th, kiddo -- hang on tight, because the roller coaster only goes faster from here.  I've done what I can to prepare you for the storm, and I'll be here to help weather it.

Started with B-Ala/creatine mix and a lot of dynamic shoulder work.  Warmed up a little with the bar, wore only loose elbow sleeves.

This is a bastardization of day 2 from week 1 of the Cube Method.  I will likely continue abridged or modified versions until I get back to regular work weights.

Incline at 60 degrees, 50 degrees, and 40 degrees, 30s rest between sets of 8; if I believe I can get another set of 8 clean reps at the current seat setting, I go for it; if not, I drop the angle and keep going.  Same weight throughout, which is typically a bit humbling at 30s.  I keep the 30s rest religiously.  This is a brutal progression that is a lot easier on my shoulders than typical benching.

Bench, comp setup, 2x15: I was pretty toasty by this time, so I took 2 minutes between and the weight was pathetic.

Pullovers with a huge DB, 3x12, very strict form and slow reps

DB shrugs, 3x15 with a hard squeeze at the top


Still coughing a lot in the rumpus room, but less so outside of it.  Got my annual review tomorrow, so I'll be drinking tomorrow night either way.  In-laws will be in town tomorrow for the kid's birthday and for Easter, so I won't be drinking alone.

I'm inching back.  I've lost so much weight, it will likely take a while to get my mojo back.  But it'll come.  I'll probably be sore for a while.

On the baseball front, after annihilating everyone for five games, the boys have lost the last two to badly inferior teams.  It's up to them to decide to show up.

Hope all have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment