Monday, March 10, 2014

training 3.10.2014

Gorgeous day -- starting to feel like spring/summer around here.  Downright warm, nearing 80 some days.

I've trained a couple of times since my last entry, but didn't get around to writing about it.  I haven't been as consistent as I should have been, mainly due to medical appointments for the wife, so I haven't felt duty-bound to write about it.  I'll be back in the saddle soon, if not immediately.

By the way, if you haven't trued Supreme Essentials Decadent Blend, you should.  Awesome in shakes. 

Basic warm-up, Athletic Greens and Assault to start, elbow sleeves.

Superset:
 - Stiff-arm pulldown, 4x12
 - neutral-grip pulldown, 4x12

DB rows, 4x8 with a heavy standard DB
High-row with rope attachment, 3x12, 1-second squeeze at the top of every rep
Reverse pec-dec, 2x50.  Go ahead and cry.
1-arm DB Zottmann curls on preacher bench, 4x8 with 1s squeeze and slow tempo
Superset:
 - cable reverse drag-curl, 3x8, Gironda style
 - hammer curl, 3x12

That last superset, I just did both with the rope on a cable and kept hand positions strict.  Pretty serious stuff.

In fact, the whole session was serious.  This was a good one.

Still too fat, though saying so makes my boy laugh.

If you're the praying type, do so for Strongman Bob.  He's got a load to carry.

No comments:

Post a Comment