Saturday, February 23, 2013

Update to the update

If the doc and I are correct, I have an abdominal muscle strain.  Doesn't feel bad enough to be a tear.

Keep in mind that I strained it deadlifting, guys.

Sometimes I know I get so wrapped up in assistance for the primary muscle groups used that I forget stuff like abs.  When you reach 50, it becomes much more important -- some dynamic warm-up specifically for abs is probably in order as well.  Even for you young guys, do it even if you don't think you need it.

Think of it like sunscreen: it's inconvenient, but not nearly as inconvenient as being put down by the effects of not doing it.

Don't be halfway prepared.

Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Glad that it's nothing more serious.

    Good reminder about the warm-ups. I needed it.

    ReplyDelete