Monday, February 4, 2013

training 2.4.2013

Gorgeous, crisp day here.  Crisp for here, anyway.  Got foggy near the shore, which isn't terribly unexpected.

B-Ala/creatine mix, dynamic work, and a bunch of bar work.  I don't log the bar work, which I know most do -- I don't add up poundage or reps because it means nothing to me.  Work sets mean something, and the rest is a means to that end.  Just my way, I guess.

Suffice it to say that I make jumps of between 10% and 20% of my calculated work weight for the day, usually translating to a specific plate.  I also make a decision based on how I feel and how long I think I need to be really warm before putting on the real work.

This is week 2, day 1, raw cube DL max

DL pin from shins, worked up to 280kg with no support at all, which really makes me happy.  I wanted to make sure I could get at least what I pull in loose briefs, and I pulled the same weight as on 11/26.

Sumo SLDL, 2x6 with a bunch of weight
DB Rows with 50kg fat DBs, 3x10 (20 on last set)
DB shrug with the same DBs, 2x20
I'll do 50 up/down planks in front of the idiot box tonight

My monster deal is still percolating.  Thanks to those that have asked.

Ran my first baseball practice of the year on Saturday, which was wonderful.  Mostly evaluative and me being officious, so not much teaching or practice.  Good bunch of boys, and I hope I do right by them.

Thanks for checking.


2 comments:

  1. Good work, as always. The only reason I log my warmup sets is to see if I can spot any trends behind warmups and the top set. I've abbreviated my warmups a bit for the reason that I can get more quality work sets in that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got it. My tendency is the opposite -- to go straight to work weights as fast as I can. My lifts suffer when I do that, and I know I'm more prone to injury, but it's still where my head is.

      Delete