Saturday, June 27, 2009

Deadlift day

Had to work it in early this morning because of the weekend schedule -- it's unlikely I'll get another chance. So maybe not as studly as I'd have liked.

Warm up as usual.
Deadlift from 3" deficit:
240kg x 5 (x2)
270kg x 3
300kg x 4

200kg x 5 x 8
Not bad -- pretty easy, really. Worked on firing hips into the bar. First three sets sumo, last 5 conventional.

fat bar db clean/press 80# x 5 x lots -- felt weak for some reason

standing abs 5x15 with heavy bands, holding at the bottom for 2-count

The Little Man joined me today and I taught him DL form in between sets. Tried to keep it fun for him, doing exercises he might like. I need some medicine balls and sandbags if I'm going to keep him interested.

It was hot this morning in my home gym -- no air moving. Felt ok.

lots to do today; hope I don't crash.

No comments:

Post a Comment