Monday, August 20, 2012

training 8.20.2012

Mid-back is sore from yesterday, and all is generally a little run down.  Max day is stressful on an old man.

Started with B-Ala/creatine mix.  No Craze -- I want to sleep later.  There's caffeine enough in the other cocktail.

Bar work to warm up.  Only used wrist support.

2count bench x4@9 + -0%: 210kg, which was more than last time (3@8.5)

Bench +bands x4@9 + -0%: reached 185kg with a couple of 12" strong bands from the 2-hole.  No idea how much this adds at the top, but its a whole freakin' lot

Floor press x8@9 + -0%: reached 10kg more than last time (x7@9).  Feel good about this.

No pain, though back was barking every time I set up.  Just sore.  No big deal.

My wife and I are evaluating her competitions and how to proceed.  My stepson has asked me to coach him through an independent PE strength and conditioning program this semester, too.  In order to satisfy the school district's requirements, he will have to compete in a weightlifting comp of some sort -- likely either a crossfit thing or, if I can find one, a powerlifting meet that will take kids.  So maybe he and the old step-man will compete together this year.  Should be fun.  I suppose I've taken long enough off.

I tried on my bench shirt yesterday while I could still move and couldn't get it all the way on.  No way it was going on.  My arms are just way too big at the armpit to seat the thing the last inch.  I picked up my old faithful denim and couldn't get the arms past my forearms.  Guess I got bigger.  Time to invest in another shirt.  I can't say I'm happy about learning a whole new shirt, so maybe I will get another one made like the last one and just have adjustments made.  I could always get a single and double-ply... hmmm...

Time to bust out the squat suit, too, and get used to sitting back into those straps.  Whole thing sounds like a goat rodeo -- I'm sure the first few times will be funny to watch.  Maybe I'll video that and just make fun of myself before everyone else gets a shot.

Anyway, thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment