Tuesday, May 22, 2012

training 5.22.2012

Gorgeous day, but I'm dragging from a late business dinner last night.  Was out late making things happen and had a couple of drinks on top of it.  Probably didn't eat as much as usual either, so several strikes against me.

Started with the B-Ala/creatine stuff.  Wore elbow sleeves -- breaking in a new pair, which was a little uncomfortable.  Switched back to the old ones for the chains and floor.

Only warmed with the bar and weight.  No dynamic work.

Comp raw bench x4@8.5 + -5%: got 220kg + 2 sets of 200

Bench +chain x4@8.5 + -5%: about the same as last time; never feel the chains release, so probably need to work on hang depth; one set to fatigue


Floor press x6@9 + -5%: got to same weight as last time and felt a sharp twinge in my left shoulder unracking the weight -- no residual pain, but a bad angle.  Need to work on my rack layout to improve this, or just do them inside the rack with the Free-Spotter.

All in all, a good day.

My diet has taken a beating lately, mostly due to laziness.  That and being frighteningly hungry in the morning recently.  If I do better at night, I'm better in the mornings.  Duh.  I will get back on track.

Hope everyone is well.  Hey, Bob, keep plugging.

1 comment: