Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 3 week 2

Back from snow -- had a great time, though it wasn't long enough. Quads got a nice workout, but not much else. I have to run off to pick up my boy from school, so this will have to be quick.

Started with the usual pre/peri/post workout nutrition regimen detailed by Shelby. If you want to know the proportions, let me know. Long warm-up with the bar -- I was sore after this day last week and paranoid about my biceps tendons, so I took it slow with the warmup.

All exercises were 4 sets of 10-12 reps, positive failure each time, 90 seconds rest between each.

Barbell rows @ 45 degrees: 4 x 10 with 160 kilos on the bar. Tough, but clean.

Fat DB fly: 4 x 10 with 60 kilos on the fat DB handles. The first two sets felt a bit easy, the last two tough. The last couple of reps were a struggle for form.

EZ-curl bicep curls: 4 x 12 reps with 40 kilos on the bar. Still taking it fairly easy with the weight on the first couple of sets. Last set was a slow march to pain.

Seated calf: Stuck 25 kilo plates in my lap until I had four. Set feet on a barbell that had 45s on it for clearance. Did 4 sets of 12 with a big stretch at the end.

Extreme stretching for 60 seconds after each exercise. These still kill me.

Sorry to be brief. Tough workout, feel great afterward, but am stuck wondering whether to go up next week when I have five-set exercises. Might be wiser to be a stickler for good form.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment