Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day 3 week 1

Gorgeous day here. Got tons to do, but needed a good hard workout. I dragged badly yesterday -- maybe due to too little coffee, but more likely because it was a low carb day. I was a waste.

Today I still have a slight headache but I'm back at it hard. Baseball practice to coach, fence to build, snow stuff to sort before heading to Utah to snowboard... and day 3.

Wore my Convict sleeves and APT neoprene wrist wraps for support. Started with the malto/whey/Anatrop concoction. Starting to really like it, actually, though the mixed tastes are super-funky. Downed the waxy maize/whey/Anatrop mix during -- now that's one funky taste, and the whey doesn't like to dissolve. So I have these waxy BCAA clumps and clay-like whey chunks. To emphasize my oddness, I like it. Need to cut the sweetness, though.

Took a good long time to warm up since this day would be heavy on the biceps -- still paranoid about my biceps tendon and elbows. Even more kudos to Mike Robertson for his help here.

I split the training into two supersets, as I am prone to with these kinds of opposing body part multiset workouts. All stations are 3 sets with 8-10 reps to positive failure -- the next rep would have to be a cheat rep. All sets of like exercises include 120 seconds of rest between, though I'm busy with the other exercise. Heart-rate stays high.

Rows: from a 45-degree bench, EZ-curl bar with 160 kilos on it; knock the weight to chest and slow (2s) down. Elbows out pretty far, head up, all grunt.

super'd with

Flat bench fat DB press: 70 kilos on each fat DB bar; slow, slow, slow down and explode up. I go for full ROM, though I know Shelby doesn't want me to. I do stop just short of lockout to keep tension, but I like the stretch at the bottom, particularly since the big plates hold the whole magilla away from my body. Great stuff with heavy weight, these always make me feel studly. They're a bitch to get up, though. I may need DB hooks for the rack. Wuss.

After all sets of the first two, switch to

Bicep with EZ-Curl bar: I didn't have much on the bar, honestly. Couple of 20s (kg) and 10s, so maybe 60 kilos total. I think the bar is 25#, so another 10 kilos. After the rows, my outer elbows at my biceps attachments were barking, so I thought I would take it somewhat easy. It wasn't. The last rep of each set was stinkin' hard, but I kept them clean.

super'd with

Seated calves:

I just took the loaded EZ-Curl bar and sat down with it over my knees. I stuck my feet on a barbell with 45s on it and took full ROM, with a big stretch at the bottom and full press at the top. This wasn't nearly enough weight. Next time.

I skipped Abs until next time -- too much to get on with. I also did the extreme stretching after each last set. Back's never that extreme, but the chest, calf, and biceps stretches make me want to cry as prescribed. Chest is just unreal.

I'm burping all the time with this new diet. I sound like some kind of frat boy. I need to find creating ways of mixing protein sources so I don't get bored too quickly and need to get used to all the tasty fats. Already, after three pitiful days, I'm having to choke some meals down. What a wuss. Or, as Strongman Bob would say, I caught teh ghey.

Get on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment