Saturday, September 19, 2009

Squat day

Hot day and started with a headache. Another Santa Ana is blowing through San Diego and has the temp way up for this time of year. Doesn't help my head on a hard weight day like this.

So much for complaining.

Used AtLarge Results (love that stuff) before and Surge Workout Fuel during. I'm a lot more skeptical of Biotest than I used to be, but I still think the SWF works well. Can't wait to try Anaconda when it finally comes out. Now I need aspirin. Also slathered Biofreeze on my low-back before getting dressed.

Wore wrestling shoes and Metal Ace briefs. Love those briefs. Love them, even more than the full suit. I bought them rather loose, but I've gained enough now that it takes me at least 350 pounds to hit depth in them. Anything less and I finish high.

Anyway, to it:


Usual warm-up, including dynamic work. Hips were a little crampy before I even started, but I decided not to dwell on it.

Squat:
300 kilos x 3 super easy
320 kg x 3 still easy
340 kg x 3 walkout was a bitch, but the weight came up easy and fast

190kg x 5 x 10 reps super-setted with lunges (SSB w/ 200# on it).

200 pounds on the lunges was too much, but I struggled through them. I did them in the back yard in the sun (wearing black) and thought I'd pass out. Uffda. Hips still a little crampy, but not too bad. Think I was just pushing out a lot against the Ace briefs.

Did some curls for vanity and called it a day. Now to lunch...

No comments:

Post a Comment