Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Military press

A Santa Ana has blown into San Diego today -- the temp rose literally 20 degrees in an hour at one point. The wind is blowing a steady 15-20 mph from the east, and it's a seriously hot wind. It reached 90 on the beach today, so inland was blistering.

Thankfully, my home gym was just fine. Thank Heaven for my fan.

Today was a military press day. I didn't have a lot of time or patience for warm-ups, so like an idiot I cut them a little shorter than I might have otherwise. I wore APT Convict elbow sleeves -- I love those things. No wrist wraps today for some reason. Just didn't feel like it.

Mil:
110kg x 5 went up scary easy
120kg x 3 still very easy
130kg x 12 rep PR -- a breeze

Superset:
Military 80kg x 5 x 10
Chins 5 x fail
Krocs 5 x 15 reps w/ 100#

Felt super strong today for some reason. Shoulders were great, right bicep bothered me a bit, but all else was super. Just a great day. Went in with horrible lethargy, so I thought it would suck. Sometimes it's good to be wrong.

AtLarge Results before and Biotest Surge Workout Fuel during.

Great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment