Monday, November 4, 2013

training 11.4.2013

Cloudy day -- looks like rain.  Wish it would just open up and rain.

Ndure, Athletic Greens, not much else.  Knee sleeves and a Spud DL belt through most.

Leg curls on a hammie machine, 2 sets to warm up.

Leg curls, 3x15, single leg at a time.  These were harder than expected, for some reason.

Squats: 3 warm-ups sets pyramid up to a weight that would be hard for 8 reps, do 3x6 and add weight each set.  These were tough.  Got a lot of weight, but they were really hard.

Leg Press +bands (EliteFTS pro monster mini Onyx bands, 3x8 while beating last time's weight.  These were done out of sequence because there was a camper who sat on the LP for over an hour (!), reminding me once again why I hate commercial gyms.  And I went to the smaller gym at a non-peak hour to avoid that kind of crap.  Worse, he wasn't even using the machine the whole time, and there is no proper hack squat I could have used instead.  So I waited.  "Just two more sets (that'll take 35 minutes)"

Lunges on the Smith Machine, 2x10, all ten on each leg at a time.  There really isn't much the SM is good for, aside from hanging bands and towels.  This might be one of them, but I doubt it.  I did them all the way to the ground, knee touching, and it was easier on my trailing knee than usual, so I'll quit whining about the SM for now.

SLDL, full stretch, 2x15 with a ton of weight.  This was a finisher, so...

Since machine weight are pretty much meaningless, I don't post them.  If anyone cares (or even reads this besides Milda and Bob) I will record them for posterity.

2 comments: