Thursday, July 26, 2012

training 7.26.2012

Started with B-Ala/creatine.  No Spike today.  No dynamic work, either, which I need to fix -- out of the habit somehow, which is not good at my age.

Wife's back finally -- the past three weeks, one of us has been on the road.  That sucks, and my world isn't right until she's back.  So with training being more regular and my wife back in the house, this has been a good week even though work has presented some challenges.  What fun would it be if work wasn't a pain on occasion?  Just as long as those occasions don't run together...

Got to it.

Pin press -5cm x2@8 + -6%: reached 240kg, which was a legit 9; got two fatigue sets

Pin press chest x2@8 + -6%: reached 180kg, hit three fatigue sets

JM Press x6@9 + -6%: reached 100kg and right shoulder started barking loudly.  Nowhere near RPE=9, unfortunately.  Didn't push it.

Not thrilled about the shoulder limiting the JM presses, but that's the way it goes.  Triceps strength isn't my biggest problem on bench (I don't think), so I won't stress over it.  I will, though, sneak back in tomorrow and rip off some high-rep/light JMs to hit the triceps hard.

As stagnant as my comp bench has been, I guess I shouldn't say anything isn't a problem.  I need to get my gear on and see if I can still make it work.  Maybe I'll sneak some equipped sets in to Mike's protocol from time to time.  I really want to make some gains on the bench and will try pretty much anything at this point.

If you haven't checked out Marshall Johnson's meet report this week, go do it now.  Great stuff, and congrats to him for gutting it out.  While you're at it, check out Julia Ladewski's report -- what a stud.  Both are very impressive, and I guarantee 99% of the guys I saw lifting at LA Fatness back when I still used commercial gyms would be crushed by a 402# squat, briefs/suit or not.

CBL is still going well.  Body weight has stagnated for the moment, but that might be lean mass coming back after a couple of irregular weeks.  Feeling better, less jiggling, getting closer, eating everything I can the way I'm supposed to.

By the way, strawberries and cream Nitrean+ is not as incredibly delicious as the vanilla.  The vanilla (mixed in whole milk) is like ice cream, it's so good.  5g Leucine per serving.  Haven't tried coffee yet.

Anyway, off to eat.  Have a great evening, and thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment