Saturday, November 19, 2011

training 11.19.2011

Great weekend day today -- I have gotten a lot done, got training in, and am continuing to learn about  this carb backloading idea.  It's funny how once you start to pay attention to something, it shows up everywhere, huh?  This month's Power magazine has an article from Kiefer on carb backloading.

Started with creatine in green tea.  I will likely return to Results, but change the timing.  More on that later.  Used MGPM during.

Week 2 of the cycle.  Warmed up with the weight.

Military: worked up to 180kg with sets of 3 and repped out 9 reps with 180.  Had one or two more in the tank but lost my groove and about dumped the bar in my lap.  Decided to stop before I hurt myself.

My shoulders felt great and the intensity was outrageous.  You'd think being seriously carb deprived would kill your training, but the opposite is true.  I felt like I was massively caffeinated, as if I'd Spiked.  Just the anticipation of the food orgy that's about to begin.

I did a bunch of assistance work -- felt very motivated for that, even.  Did a bunch of rowing and snatch work.  Felt great.

Anyway, I'd write more but I've got a few thousand calories to pack in and only four hours to get them down.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment