Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Squat day, smolov day 4 week 3

Not much time to write this morning -- got to get to work.

Warmed up with a lot of dynamic work, some hard rolling on my scar, and a good bit of bar work.

Started with Results and MGPM. Wore knee sleeves, loose briefs, and a sweatshirt. Chilly day for SD.

Squat

295kg x 10 sets of 3 reps

180s rest between, felt ok. Some were tough, some not. Setup matters. Left knee had a few sharp twinges and my mid-back struggled with the first couple of sets. Felt like I was leaning too far forward, though I couldn't stick my butt out any farther or get my head up any higher. Think it's just the morning thing.

Concentrated on keeping my whole foot down -- had a tendency to roll on the outer edge. Tougher than I thought.

Curled between sets. Sue me.

Put on my loosest suit for the last set with the straps up but fairly loose. Once I got a feel for seating the bar, I was surprised at how good it felt. Got to get ready if I'm gonna make good on Bob's suggestion to compete this year. I'll have to start shirt work before long too.

Have a great day, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment