Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 2 week 13

Corrosion of Conformity still works. Aenema too -- the only way to fix it is to flush it all away. Every time I hear "Spit it out" from Slipknot and can't help but laugh. I'm sure my neighbors wonder what I'm up to when I start warbling along with the grind in my Shuffle. I can't find a way to care what they think -- they're all afraid of me anyway.

Spiked and ready, baby. Any more intense and I'll rupture something.

Wore elbow sleeves and wrist wraps for the upper work. Warmed up with dynamic work and bar weight before each.

All exercises were 3 sets of 8-10 with 180s rest between, all to positive failure.

Gironda swings: 3 sets of 10 reps with 35#. Raised the weight a little and held everything at the top. Felt great. Shoulders were solid.

Fat rope overhead triceps press: 3 sets of 10 reps with the pin loaded with a few 45s. I ran the 2-inch rope over my straight bar in the rack down to the pin. I set up the incline bench at about 60 degrees and pulled the rope overhead to press. Worked reasonably well, though the rope doesn't flow over the bar very smoothly. Did fine and pounded my triceps. Elbows were fine.

SSB hanging squat: 3 x 10. Did my funky SSB squat again leaning back, hanging from the rack. I used a Spud DL belt for stability and loose briefs. Feet were regular way-wide width and depth was close to my heels. I worked the SSB up to 200kg and banged out three sets of ten. Felt fantastic and sucked serious wind. Worked out some anger.

I did a few other things that were mostly icing on the cake -- just polish work. Didn't do any of my extreme stretches just because I didn't think of it. Big day, though, and feel really good about how it went. I needed this one too.

Great day, all. Stay safe and think before you open your pie-hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment