Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 3 week 11

Cloudy day and I'm dragging from all the carbs.

Started with AtLarge Results and the usual Shelby mix. Today is a super-high carb day (I'm at five/week now), so I've been dragging all day. Baseball this afternoon, too, so I may have to Spike later to get up.

Wore elbow sleeves only today.

All sets 5-7 reps, 180s between, all to positive failure (or worse).

Rows: 3 sets x 7 reps. Bench incline was back up to 45 degrees. Bar had 100 kg and a bunch of chains, and I concentrated on a good scapular squeeze at each finish. Felt good, though I was sucking wind again by the end.

Fly fat DB: 3 x 7 with 65 kg and ran them to positive failure. I started with decline chain flys to failure with focus on hard squeeze at the finish. I did three sets of them to toast my chest a little before hitting the heavy fat db flys. This helped a lot, actually, and I got no more than 10 reps, no fewer than 8. Great effect.

Single-arm Scott curl: 3 x 7. Went back up on the weight for these and they felt good. Not sure why some weeks my biceps ache and others are fine, but so be it. Getting old.

Calf: Ironmind super squat belt and did standing calf raises with a bunch of weight on the pin. Legs a little wide to clear the plates, same weight as last time, got all 100 in one set. Very tough.

Ab twists: Used the 10" stone (45#) for these and did three sets of 50, same as always.

Great day's work today. Things are improving again even though my body weight is creeping.

Thanks for looking. Posted a video today and will publish my channel soon.

3 comments:

  1. looking forward to seeing your channel brother man. gotta love ab twists with a stone

    keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I just gained a couple pounds reading about your ultra high carb day. What's up with that?

    Awesome work, Mojo. As always.

    ReplyDelete