Sunday, December 13, 2009

Bench day

My love/hate thing with the bench continues. It's a beautiful day here after raining for several days. Nice temp, sun's out, great day.

I started with Results and SWF; I just didn't have it in me to go through the Anaconda thing. I won't give it up, but I figure a supp has to absolutely rock beyond coincidence for me to use it if it's a pain to use. The stuff's a royal pain and I haven't been on it long enough to tell if it's any better than anything else. I'll give it a full tub to find out, but today was an off day for Anaconda.

Usual warm-up under the bar. Had the heater on to start and turned the fan on shortly after I started a good sweat. Used Convict sleeves and Metal wrist wraps.

Bench:

190 kilos x 5 felt tough for some reason
200 kilos x 5 not too bad
210 kilos x 5 tough, didn't try for more

Reverse band bench with lots of chains and 290 kilos (+/-) on the bar

5 sets of 5 superset with

Fat DB Kroc rows with 120# on the DB 5 sets of 12

The rvs band benches were not bad, though my triceps were barking by the end of the workout. That's what I wanted, so good. No idea how much weight in chains were there.

The Kroc rows won't earn Kroc's respect any time soon, but they're assistance work and I try to keep them tough without busting my butt over them.

I was just dragging a little today for some reason. Whatever the case, it went ok. Looking pretty thick these days, but still want to add another 20 solid pounds without (too much) lard.

Lots of Bender, Thornley, Corrosion of Conformity, Blackline, Deftones, Prong, Seether, and the like on the Shuffle. Great stuff for keeping me moving.

Wonder if I can find enough solitude for a nap this afternoon. Ha. As if.

No comments:

Post a Comment