Saturday, August 15, 2009

Squat day

Started late for a weekend, but still before lunch. Feel good today.

It's a bit warmer today, so it was a bit hot in the gym. Good thing I had the fan.

For whatever reason, I forgot my dynamic warmup work today. Couldn't tell you why, since it's part of every squat and deadlift day. Just got out of routine and blew it.

Today was a max effort day and the last 5/3/1 week before deload.

Metal Ace briefs throughout.

Squat:
warm-up sets
275kg x 5 very easy; it's funny how heavy the walkout felt when the weight came up so easily
310kg x 5 also easy; only was supposed to do 3 reps, but had 5 before I thought about something besides form
350kg x 5 banged out 5 reps without much fuss -- the first several were easy and I left a couple in the tank

I think this is a PR, certainly for reps. I'll have to search through back logs, but I'm pretty sure that's a PR for weight and reps.

190kg x 5 x 10 just getting it done

Pendlay rows: 140 kilos on an ez-curl bar (weight includes the bar) 5 x 5 For some reason these felt really hard today.

Head's pretty unhappy right now, but that seems to come with the territory.

No comments:

Post a Comment